Stuff I try to always keep on hand lately:
- All Terrain Kids Herbal Armor DEET-Free Natural Insect Repellent Spray (4-Ounce). I don't like putting DEET on the kids, and I especially don't like using it on myself when I'm pregnant. Herbal Armour works great, doesn't smell totally noxious, and -- best of all -- you can buy it at Target. Active Ingredients: Oil of Citronella (10.0%), Oil of Soybean (5.6%), Oil of Peppermint (2.0%), Oil of Cedar (1.50%), Oil of Lemongrass (1.00%), Oil of Geranium (0.05%); Inactive Ingredients: Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.
- Cutter Bite MD Insect Bite Relief .5 oz Stick. For times when I'm too busy or lazy to put on bug spray, this comes in handy for dealing with bites.
- Johnson's Baby Daily Face & Body Lotion, SPF 40. I looked for a long time for a sunscreen that I felt comfortable putting on the boys and that wasn't a fortune or impossible to find. I found this at Target, as well, and it works great! It's also highly rated by the Environmental Working Group. It turns them a little white, but, well, with our complexions, that's not all that noticeable!
- My iPad! I have to confess, when these first came out, I thought two things: 1) That's a really stupid name, and 2) Who on earth would ever need one of those? But I'm a convert now. I love reading my news feeds, browsing the web, watching videos, reading email, etc. on it. And the kids LOVE it for games -- we're currently using "iPad time" as a potty-training incentive for Matthew. (Bonus: I can actually make phone calls now, because they aren't monopolizing my phone!)
- STM Skinny Case for iPad2. Fantastic case for a decent price. It doesn't make the iPad super bulky or heavy, but it offers good front-and-back protection (and covers the corners well, too).